What is diabetes mellitus (DM) & what are the key concepts the NCLEX expects RN and LPN students to know about the pathophysiology and signs & symptoms of type 1 diabetes vs. type 2 diabetes mellitus?
For NCLEX Cheat Sheets on congestive heart failure (CHF)
Full Courses access on Medical Surgical nursing, complete with:
– 900 Videos NOT on youtube
– 300 cheat sheet notes
Click here to learn more: https://simplenursing.com/free-trial/
The pathophysiology of diabetes mellitus (DM) is when the body either produces insufficient amounts of insulin (type 1 diabetes), or the body build resistance to insulin due to overuse (type 2 diabetes). The signs and symptoms of hyperglycemia (high sugar) are easily remembered with the 3 P’s: Polydipsia, Polyuria, Polyphagia, and the signs & symptoms of hypoglycemia (low sugar) are simple to memorize with the acronym HIWASH: headache, irritability, weakness, anxiety, shaky, and hunger.
This 7 part video series on endocrine medical surgical adult health nursing is intended to help registered nurse RN students and LPN students with NCLEX memorization tricks. In this video series Michael Linares, RN from Simple Nursing helps explain the nursing pathophysiology, signs and symptoms, causes, pathology, treatment options for various diagnosis, which are expected to know for the NCLEX, HESI, ATI, and Kaplan proctor exams.
For more information on NCLEX endocrine medical surgical nursing topics like Cushings and Addison nursing treatments, diabetes mellitus and insulin onset, peak and duration memory tricks for NCLEX RN and LPN, click here: https://simplenursing.com/free-trial/
Frustrated with boring NCLEX programs “included” in your tuition? Check out the SimpleNursing NCLEX prep mobile app: https://simplenursing.com/free-trial/
– Over 2,000 NCLEX style questions
– Visual in-depth rationales
– 1,200 fun videos & 300 Cheat Sheets covering the most highly tested topics
– Test tips & Memory Tricks included
– 92% pass rate | learn how: https://simplenursing.com/free-trial/
Need help with other difficult nursing school topics?
Click below. We got you covered 🙂
– Fluid & Electrolytes https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL3NAm8UHLUnLJSqeCM_EJHXZ685sb67bn
– Heart Failure (CHF) https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL3NAm8UHLUnLEVzZvkdBX1IWHPg21Jobw
– Myocardial Infarction (MI) https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL3NAm8UHLUnLLJQsAIsQaHJiOvcLN1cUe
– Addison’s vs. Cushing https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL3NAm8UHLUnKT3JBkVTN-hXbyULbPgWz5
– Diabetes Mellitus & DKA vs HHNS https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL3NAm8UHLUnKxNrh1HdilzIIH9WM8JrLq
– Cardiomyopathy https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL3NAm8UHLUnIeh0g_moaGLzXWiOh3fqdi
– IV Fluids: Hypertonic, Hypotonic & Isotonic https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL3NAm8UHLUnIdjUfgMcAE1JIq6Nx29JRX
– Hypertension https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5zg95R8H1oo
– Hyperkalemia https://youtu.be/HdG8lqJzWi4
– SIADH vs Diabetes Insipidus https://youtu.be/hKFGGv0E-5A
Follow me on Social Media:
– Subscribe to our Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/SimpleNursing
– Follow us on Twitter: https://twitter.com/SimpleNursing
– Like us on Facebook: https://facebook.com/SimpleNursing
Thanks for tuning in.
Don’t be scared, BE PREPARED!
#Diabetes #DiabetesPatho #DiabetesMellitus