What are oral antidiabetic agents, and what are the key concepts the NCLEX exam wants RN and LPN students to know about diabetic pharmacology?
For NCLEX Cheat Sheets on congestive heart failure (CHF)
Full Courses access on Medical Surgical nursing, complete with:
– 900 Videos NOT on youtube
– 300 cheat sheet notes
Click here to learn more: https://simplenursing.com/free-trial/
Diabetes mellitus is a condition where the pancreas either does produce insulin (type 1 diabetes mellitus) or the body becomes insulin resistant (type 2 diabetes mellitus). Diabetes pharmacology for type 2 diabetes includes oral antidiabetic agents that help the body to either decrease blood serum sugar levels, or increase insulin sensitivity on the cellular level. In this simple nursing video Mike Linares RN breaks down a complete NCLEX review of the various types of oral agents for diabetics, including mnemonic & memory tricks on how to remember:
Meformin (brand name: Glucophage, Glumetza) Biguanides class
Sulfonylureas (Glipizide, Glyburide)
Thiazolidinediones (Actos, Avandia)
Alpha-glucosidase Inhibitors (Precose, Glycet)
This 7 part video series on endocrine medical surgical adult health nursing is intended to help registered nurse RN students and LPN students with NCLEX memorization tricks. In this video series Michael Linares, RN from Simple Nursing helps explain the nursing pathophysiology, signs and symptoms, causes, pathology, treatment options for various diagnosis, which are expected to know for the NCLEX, HESI, ATI, and Kaplan proctor exams.
For more information on NCLEX endocrine medical surgical nursing topics like Cushings and Addison nursing treatments, diabetes mellitus and insulin onset, peak and duration memory tricks for NCLEX RN and LPN, click here: https://simplenursing.com/free-trial/
Frustrated with boring NCLEX programs “included” in your tuition? Check out the SimpleNursing NCLEX prep mobile app: https://simplenursing.com/free-trial/
– Over 2,000 NCLEX style questions
– Visual in-depth rationales
– 1,200 fun videos & 300 Cheat Sheets covering the most highly tested topics
– Test tips & Memory Tricks included
– 92% pass rate | learn how: https://simplenursing.com/free-trial/
Need help with other difficult nursing school topics?
Click below. We got you covered 🙂
– Fluid & Electrolytes https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL3NAm8UHLUnLJSqeCM_EJHXZ685sb67bn
– Heart Failure (CHF) https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL3NAm8UHLUnLEVzZvkdBX1IWHPg21Jobw
– Myocardial Infarction (MI) https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL3NAm8UHLUnLLJQsAIsQaHJiOvcLN1cUe
– Addison’s vs. Cushing https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL3NAm8UHLUnKT3JBkVTN-hXbyULbPgWz5
– Diabetes Mellitus & DKA vs HHNS https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL3NAm8UHLUnKxNrh1HdilzIIH9WM8JrLq
– Cardiomyopathy https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL3NAm8UHLUnIeh0g_moaGLzXWiOh3fqdi
– IV Fluids: Hypertonic, Hypotonic & Isotonic https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL3NAm8UHLUnIdjUfgMcAE1JIq6Nx29JRX
– Hypertension https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5zg95R8H1oo
– Hyperkalemia https://youtu.be/HdG8lqJzWi4
– SIADH vs Diabetes Insipidus https://youtu.be/hKFGGv0E-5A
Follow me on Social Media:
– Subscribe to our Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/SimpleNursing
– Follow us on Twitter: https://twitter.com/SimpleNursing
– Like us on Facebook: https://facebook.com/SimpleNursing
Thanks for tuning in.
Don’t be scared, BE PREPARED!
#Diabetes #Metformin #Glucophage